15 month old boy hitting/bitting or pulling on hair of other toddlers

(3 Posts)
sara2580 Fri 05-Jan-18 17:42:25

Over the last couple of weeks I’ve noticed that my LB of 15 months has started to grab, pull hair and sometimes hit or bite another toddler of his same age. This has happened mainly at home, when we have entertained a play date and it has been with girls (this may be a coincidence). He is such a lovely, happy little boy - so I don’t know understand this behaviour.

What is the best way to manage this?

I feel like I can’t relax when other kids are around and worry that people won’t want to come and play because of this behaviour.

I know he is only young but want to make sure I manage this in the correct way.

Thanks in advance.

OP’s posts: |
firsttimemum89 Fri 05-Jan-18 20:54:47

I too could have written this post my daughter is 16 months and seams to be doing the same thing but it's mainly when we are out. Often seams unprovoked not when another child has taken a toy etc..

Sometimes it feels like it's when other children get to close to her she doesn't want them in her personal space..

The only way we have found to deal with it is encourage her when she plays nicely/ shares. And to tell her no we don't hit etc and remove her from the situation ... neither seams to be working consistently ..

sara2580 Sat 06-Jan-18 19:31:42

Yeah it seems that you just have to adopt a different approach, to teach them to be gentle and play nicely.

Thanks for your response.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in