Talk

Advanced search

2nd pregnancy, loss of mucus plug? Tmi pic included fyi!

(5 Posts)
Allmychildrenhavepaws Wed 03-Jan-18 09:22:40

Hi all, im 36 wks today, lost what i assume is my plug last night, had terrible insomnia, bad stomach cramps (didn't feel like contractions, more like tummy ache) tonns of Braxton hicks which is normal for me though, bad headache, some mild period pains (only a couple) night sweats and hot flashes...the list goes on...

Im not really sure im asking as im sure i know the answer, but does this sound like things are about to happen? Or do i still quite possibly have weeks of this left?

Didnt have these signs with dc1, things are completely different this time around!

Tia for any feedback! grin

OP’s posts: |
Youvegotafriendinme Wed 03-Jan-18 10:53:03

I may not be the best person to answer this as my labour was medically delayed and then I had EMC at 35w. I’m sure some one will come along who can help better but when my plug went at 30w it contained a lot more blood/ in it. Same size and look as yours though. I was told it’s only the plug if it contains blood.

Allmychildrenhavepaws Wed 03-Jan-18 12:16:04

Hiya friend in me. Thanks for the reply. Gosh that must have been scary for you! From what i understand, what you've described was your bloody show? I thought mucus plugs can come first (sometimes with a little brown/pink blood streaked in) whereas the 'bloody show' would be more a sign of imminent labor? Not too sure tbh...im assuming mine's just my plug...so hard to guess if anythings happening with so many symptoms but not technically full term just yet! Midwife said i may have a tummy bug??? X

Allmychildrenhavepaws Wed 03-Jan-18 17:34:30

Any one else??? Getting quite sharp crampy pains in cervix now...odd that midwife suggested a tummy bug due to my description of hot flashes, i thought they might also be a sign of hormone shift before labor?

How did other people's labor start/build up? Just interested...and impatient blush

Allmychildrenhavepaws Thu 04-Jan-18 20:12:44

Just realised I posted this thread in completely the wrong place! blush

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in