How does your 3 year old act when someone is at your house or you visit friends or family?

(4 Posts)
Sofshiz Fri 29-Dec-17 17:28:42

Just wondering if my toddlers behaviour is normal. She gets super hyped up and starts running around and talking gibberish. She doesn't stop or respond properly when they ask her question because she's so busy being silly. Is this normal? Is she just being a typical 3 year old who's excited to have people over or is it a cause for concern.

I'm suffering with bad anxiety and PND so not sure if it's my head messing with my thoughts.

OP’s posts: |
AfunaMbatata Fri 29-Dec-17 18:24:27

It sounds normal to me. Some kids tend to go shy and not speak, the others go the opposite way grin

Just keep reminding her to settle down a little, she should eventually not find it so exciting.

jaimelannistersgoldenhand Fri 29-Dec-17 21:25:43

Hyper was normal until the first year of school where I had to say calm down or no more playdates. Strangely they behaved themselves at other people's houses but when friends came here, they were very silly and show-offy.

laura6032 Sat 30-Dec-17 17:53:21

Absolutely nothing to worry about, my ds done this, we don't get much visitors either so it was always bit of a novelty for him, especially if it was late on and he was tired.
Ad they say, this too shall pass xx

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in