2.5 year old fixated on child who pushes him around

(2 Posts)
Pansy0926 Thu 14-Dec-17 09:51:56

My 2.5 year old has been in nursery since August and at home he constantly talks about ‘Luke’. It’s Luke this, Luke that, and he even told the doctor at my 12 week scan we were going to call his new sibling Luke (we’re not). This would all be unconcerning if it weren’t for the fact that I have noticed that when I drop him off at nursery he tenses up whenever Luke comes near. You see Luke has special needs and is prone to hitting and pushing other kids. At nursery my son doesn’t seem to be comfortable around him (from what I have seen) but why then do we hear about him all the time at home? It’s never bad things either, it’s as if he idolises Luke. I even have found him making the humming and grunting noises Luke makes all the time.

I’m not overly concerned about what goes on at nursery, it’s a small class with 5-7 2/3 year olds and 3 teachers and I trust them to monitor things and intervene if necessary. They are really good at reporting back about any mishaps too. I’m just wondering if it’s normal for a child to idolise another kid who pushes them around all the time? Is there anything I should be doing here or watching out for?

OP’s posts: |
EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Sun 17-Dec-17 11:40:31

Do you think it could be stress and he’s talking about him to try and process the behaviour?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in