Talk

Advanced search

Still a growth spurt?

(1 Post)
JaffaJaffaJaffa Thu 07-Dec-17 17:27:14

So we've had a pretty rough week... Starting Monday lunchtime our 5 week old decided to wake every 1 1/2 - 2hrs for feeding and wouldn't sleep unless he was on one of us - I figured this was a growth spurt and just went with it. I thought that finished yesterday when I was finally able to get him to settle back in his moses basket, he also settled in there overnight. Today he was wonderful again this morning but this afternoon has been horrendous. He's 5 weeks and 3 days, he's been sleeping no more than half an hour since lunchtime and then screams with hunger but fusses and doesn't feed properly (last feed was 5 mins on one boob). I'm exhausted but I know that's partly from lack of sleep over the last few days. Do you think this change in behaviour is still part of his growth spurt? Or is this how he's now going to be? Does this mean he might start sleeping through the night a bit more? Thoughts please...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: