Talk

Advanced search

How many layers should 8 week ds wear at home in 18C?? My baby feels cold to touch.

(3 Posts)
Jellybabie3 Thu 07-Dec-17 13:03:43

I'm thinking i am not wrapping ds up enough. Its 18C now and his face feels cold. I know thats not a true test but its very cold. His back feels just warm. Tepid i would say. I've just put a jumper on him so he has short sleeve bodysuit, sleepsuit and the jumper. He doesnt feel clammy and the thermom said hes 36.4C. Hes well in himself. Has been feeding slightly less since Monday when i noticed he started feeling cold but not tremendously so.

cakeandteajustforme Thu 07-Dec-17 20:26:22

Is that during he day or to go under sleeping-wear (sleeping bag/wrap)?

I would put DS at that age in a wool vest, socks, sleep suit, wool cardigan and hat. Then if I wasn't snuggling him would wrap him in a muslin to be swaddled. And maybe a blanket over that.....

So yes, your baby is probably chilly.

Member212711 Fri 08-Dec-17 15:43:39

I'm always cold and was always inclined to follow the advice of 'one more layer than you yourself are wearing' - which made for one warm baby! It is most definitely cold out there and if he's not moving round much then more layers are definitely called for!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: