Talk

Advanced search

5 year old badly behaved dont know what to do

(6 Posts)
purplestrawberry2 Wed 06-Dec-17 21:39:04

Dd has just turned 5 and started reception in September. She has always been a kind girl and quite emotionally intelligent. She is also stubborn and headstrong.
Since starting reception her behaviour has deteriorated a lot. She is extremely defiant and is having tantrums at school (like screaming pen throwing tantrums). More recently she has slapped another child (school didnt know the circumstances) and has been screaming refusing to do stuff. This carries on at home and ive also seen her spit on the floor. Weve tried to make it clear to her its not acceptable and actions have consequences and doing the usual sticker charts etc. There hasnt been any real changes at home. just really dont know what to do to help. i am finding it difficult to get any good concrete information from the school about whats going on and its frustrating.

Any advice?

Hopingmamma Wed 06-Dec-17 23:14:36

I am going through almost something similar with my 26 month old. God the hitting and spitting. Makes me embarrassed to the core.

I feel she needs more attention from me. I am trying to give her lots of positive attention. Lets see if anything works. Right now its a dark tunnel for me and boy do I cry a lot over it!

Sorry I wish I could help!

purplestrawberry2 Thu 07-Dec-17 10:09:54

Hopingmamma its awful isnt it I just feel so useless as a parent :-(

Naty1 Fri 08-Dec-17 18:09:16

Could it be end of term tiredness?
Is she copying the behaviour of others?

purplestrawberry2 Wed 13-Dec-17 09:24:58

She has been a bit better the past week as she has been sleeping better. When she is tired it is always worse

Naty1 Wed 13-Dec-17 16:15:06

We have that problem. The terms are long. Lots of illnesses and a bit too much going on. We had 2 trips, xmas fair, 2 dress downs, xmas dinner, a show. All in about 14 days.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now