Talk

Advanced search

Yoghurt for breakfast

(5 Posts)
Lionsroar21 Sun 03-Dec-17 08:30:32

Hello all,

My 3 year old son is only interested in yoghurt for breakfast. Is this okay?

He will have a handful of grapes and a smoothie pouch too.

But what is concerning is that he won't have something substantial such as toast or cereal to set him up for the day.

Let me know any thoughts.

Thanks.

CrmbleBee Sun 03-Dec-17 08:36:13

As long as he's eating something, I wouldn't worry. I reckon it's a phase he'll grow out of- you don't need him digging his heels in over it!

Runlovingmummy81 Sun 03-Dec-17 17:37:33

This was my DS2 about a year ago. That's all he would have. Grapes and yogurt. Grapes and yogurt! As long as he's eating something he'll be okay. Mine is more of a grazer so little and often. He started school this year and now has porridge for breakfast as he knows he'll be hungry otherwise.

HandbagFan Mon 04-Dec-17 09:01:24

Honestly I’d see it more as what’s being eaten across a day or even a week. If there’s very little carbohydrate going in at breakfast time then hopefully another meal will have bread / potatoes / rice etc. They change their mind a million times about what they eat at breakfast and there’s just no point in worrying.

Rebeccaslicker Tue 05-Dec-17 11:52:32

Yoghurt and fruit is perfectly healthy. Probably better than toast actually! He'll grow out of it and into other things before you know it. My DD isn't that keen on bread either (unless it's pitta in a fancy restaurant and she can dip it in houmous and make a massive mess hmm!!).

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: