Talk

Advanced search

3 Year Old Behaviour, Avoid E Numbers?

(3 Posts)
confusedmummyalways Sat 02-Dec-17 07:56:28

Hi, I don't know if I'm putting this in the right place...but...
I'm having a few issues with my 3 year old and need some advice. Here's some back story first...A year ago I found a nursery place for him, brand new nursery so thought we'd try it out. He went for 3 months and in those three months he completely changed. He was so well behaved before, slept 12 hours through the night, never bitten anyone ever etc etc. Well he started to wake up during the night screaming, started biting, wouldn't go near anyone with blonde hair, among other things. So I started to document everything and made an appointment to see the new manager (yes within three months of this place opening it had a new manager and an ofsted visit). While in the meeting I'm told that a few weeks (yes WEEKS!) prior that my son was assaulted by a staff member, where he hit his head, I was not told this at the time. So I immediately withdrew him from this awful place. And since then this behaviour has continued.

I've tried everything, and he's now in a school nursery and he loves it but is struggling to settle. He's doing a couple of hours but he's still struggling. The health visitor is having him reviewed to see what needs he may have (since she wasn't informed of the incident, I didn't know or realise I should have) and she suggested that maybe he is sensitive to some E numbers (just a suggestion to start with I think) and I don't tend to give him lots of sweets or anything but if he's sensitive to it then any little bit could affect him I suppose.
My question is does anyone have any advice on what to avoid, I can't find lists of things anywhere and there are lots of different names of E numbers, in so confused. Any advice would be a great help....TIA xxx

Dragongirl10 Sat 02-Dec-17 08:57:12

So sorry this horrible thing happened to your DS. Appalling behavior by the nursery.

I would find a cranial osteopath in your area(Make sure they are qualified) and book a treatment, google how it works.. If he has a lingering damage to his head they will refer you, but it is more likely a minor disruption, and /oemotional r trauma and cranial osteopathy can do wonders for this. It is very gentle and cannot harm him.

I am not a cranial osteopath, but have taken ( at different times) both my now 10 and 11 yr olds as babies and toddlers with startling results...
ie at 3 my DD started having short angry outbursts after always being v calm, after 2 sessions she was totally back to her usual happy self.

Also my son as a 9 month old baby fell and bumped his head, Dr said all fine but he stopped sleeping, cried a lot and was generally unhappy, he had one cranial session and was back to normal the following day.

I cannot recommend trying this enough, you would expect to pay around £40 in the SE per session, but often only one is needed.

I do think E numbers, processed foods and all forms of sugar can cause behavioral changes, but the blonde hair comment makes it sound much more likely it is more than that, even the smallest head trauma should be addressed.

Good Luck

confusedmummyalways Sat 02-Dec-17 13:41:48

Thank you, I will have a look into that. I didn't even think that the injury could have caused damage. XxX

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now