Talk

Advanced search

My 3year old girl prefers her dad over me

(3 Posts)
Daniellecairns2012 Thu 30-Nov-17 18:22:13

Hi my girl is such a loving well behaved child but when her dads around she doesnt give me a second look. She ignores me and even when i try join in with them she tells me to go away! Its so hard as when we are alone she is fine but even then i notice soon as her dads around she talks more. Is there anything i can do to improve our relationship? My partner says not to worry and of course she loves me but i just want her to be how she is with him.

Tickleterrorofthenight Thu 30-Nov-17 18:52:45

My first was exactly like this, it made me feel a bit down that I wasn't getting full toddler attention. Grew out of it though, dh did lots of positive reinforcement...Such as coercing with toddler to do nice things for mummy etc because we love mummy and she's special to us. My 2nd dc complete opposite!

alittlehelp Fri 01-Dec-17 14:42:15

Mine massively prefers his dad atm. It's quite upsetting! I think he just enjoys his dad's style of interaction more at the moment (lots of raucousness!). I'm sure it will even out again at some point. I try not to take it personally.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now