Talk

Advanced search

I don't feel like my baby loves me :'(

(5 Posts)
LJ17xx Thu 23-Nov-17 15:26:40

My son is 6 months tomorrow and I’ve felt like this most of his life.
He prefers other people. Is much happier with them and it doesn’t help when my mum says oh he just prefers his nanny sad

Bella8 Thu 23-Nov-17 23:20:32

Aww your feelings are very normal. I felt this way about ds but now he is 9 months old i can see he does love me and he now puts his little arm around my neck and cries for me. It takes them until they're alittle older until they start to show it more. Your baby may still be a little young for attachment anxiety as it doesn't start to deveop normally until a little later . I think they sometimes as well just like the excitement of new people as are used to seeing Mummy all day. Your little one loves you the most and depends on you. Just hang in there as you'll see it much more on the next couple months to come.

Bella8 Thu 23-Nov-17 23:20:39

in*

LJ17xx Fri 24-Nov-17 06:47:25

Thanks so much, that’s really lovely :’)

Rebeccaslicker Thu 30-Nov-17 14:03:10

That's because you've done such an amazing job that he takes it for granted - he doesn't realise you and he aren't the same person! Basically you're his whole world and it won't be much longer before he can show you that. Honestly smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now