Talk

Advanced search

Do any of your 3 year old boys do this?

(11 Posts)
Screamer1 Tue 14-Nov-17 20:38:49

DS just turned 3, he's been doing this thing for a while. It's hard to describe but basically when he's playing with someone he knows well (little sister, older cousin etc) he looks like he's just about holding back doing something that might hurt them. It's like he's turning into the hulk or something.

That sounds really extreme and I don't think he ever would hurt them (he hasn't to date, never been a hitter or biter etc). As an example, say he's giving his little sister a hug, it's just about on the right side of friendly, but he sort of bares his teeth and looks like he could quite easily throttle her! Ha, it sounds ridiculous when I write it down. Just wanted to know if anyone experienced anything similar?

It's weird!

Screamer1 Wed 15-Nov-17 09:18:47

Bumping just in case.

Screamer1 Wed 15-Nov-17 17:50:24

Guess my one's the only weirdo!

laura6032 Tue 21-Nov-17 20:35:56

My ds 4, he never done that, but as long as he's not hurting them I'd say its fine, kids are strange and the things they do us adults will never understand xx

Screamer1 Tue 21-Nov-17 21:45:55

Thanks so much for replying. It really seems like it's something unique to him. I've googled and can't find anything similar.

It's just the over excited teeth clenching thing looks weird.

Lorelaithe1st Tue 21-Nov-17 22:57:42

Oh gosh my 3 yo does exactly the same sad his playing got out of hand yesterday at nursery too so getting slightly concerned. Sorry no advice but going through the same sad

Screamer1 Tue 21-Nov-17 23:01:42

Oh wow loreli, how is he otherwise?

Lorelaithe1st Wed 22-Nov-17 09:15:45

He’s usually fine aside from this. I thought it might be hormonal?

Screamer1 Wed 22-Nov-17 09:55:19

My brother has a son and he's convinced they get testosterone surges. It certainly looks like that. It's almost like he wants to do some really hard wrestling but is sort of just about containing it. I've read somewhere that boys need to wrestle. DS is generally pretty sweet and thoughtful.

So glad I have company with this!

BayLeaves Wed 22-Nov-17 21:00:14

Mine is a bit like this, I know what you mean. It might just be a case of their impulse control slowly developing, it's like they're thinking "I really want to bump into my friend hard and see what happens!" or "I really want to squeeze my sister as hard as I can and see if she does a funny scream!"... but they just about manage to resist as they know they will be in trouble!

Screamer1 Wed 22-Nov-17 21:23:27

Yes exactly that bayleaves!

I don't ever say anything to him, bu I do sometimes just give him the look. He's never hurt anyone but it definitely looks close sometimes.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: