Advanced search

Stopping thumb-sucking at night

(5 Posts)
lhubb5616 Tue 14-Nov-17 10:20:02

In the process of trying to get out nearly 3yo DD to stop sucking her thumb as it's beginning to affect the top teeth. With the help of Dr Thumb (best device EVER) she's pretty much stopped during the day.

The problem is that she's always sucked her thumb to help her get to sleep. Short of watching her sleep, is there a way of knowing whether she's still sucking her thumb at night? Has anyone else been through this that can advise?

goodmum23 Tue 14-Nov-17 10:29:02

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Mamabear4180 Tue 14-Nov-17 18:47:43

My 14 year old DD still sucks her thumb night and day. I tried the nail stuff but she just sucked that off. Her top teeth come out a bit but haven't significantly moved in the last few years. I think dentists overreact a bit.

lhubb5616 Tue 14-Nov-17 21:23:28

Thanks Mamabear4180 :-) I'm a bit of a worrier tbh. Think as LO is quite young that we'd be doing well just to make her aware of when she's sucking her thumb, all I can do with a threenager-to-be. I haven't tried the nail stuff as I think she'd just learn to wash it off.

Mamabear4180 Wed 15-Nov-17 14:39:52

Yes she's still young and she's doing well so far smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now