Talk

Advanced search

CONSTANT jumping up and down 4 year old ...

(4 Posts)
kittydetective Sun 12-Nov-17 16:35:00

My DS now just 4 jumps up and down constantly. Even when he is sat down, to the point that he bounces off the chair at meal times, bounces off the sofa when watching CBeebies, bounces off the train seats, bounces in the car seat so it rocks/moves the car. Jumps up and down when getting him dressed. He NEVER sits still. Even when reading a story he bounces up and down.

Now here is the thing. IT DRIVES ME FUCKING CRAZY.

I know I should just ignore it and accept it, but it sends me round the bend.

How do I zone out to the constant jumping up and down??????

Is it normal????

Pissed off today as we couldn’t sit in the cinema due to fucking tigger!

kittydetective Sun 12-Nov-17 17:02:42

Other than that he is the most gorgeous 4 year old I’ve ever had the pleasure of! grin

The1975 Tue 14-Nov-17 08:57:05

My DD is pretty active and needs lots of excercise to work off her energy. She fidgets a lot and also is constantly putting things in her mouth. She’s 5.

Is your DS in preschool, what’s their opinion and how is he in that setting. They may have some thoughts about it, but he’s still very young.

Not sure I’ve got any useful advice. We do a lot of outdoors stuff and DD has a trampoline. We encourage her to sit still for meals. And have bought her chewigem bracelet to encourage her to chew on something clean!

Try not to worry too much, it may well be something he grows out of. But I would talk to health visitor for peace of mind.

MiaowTheCat Sat 18-Nov-17 12:34:52

Sounds like my 4 1/2 year old - she goes through phases with the mouthing stuff (at one point I did have to yell at her to quit licking the windows recently!) but cannot sit still.

A wobble cushion works for her in situations like at school where she needs to sit and focus for a little while (Amazon have them fairly cheap - think we got one with a pump to inflate it for under a tenner) - she can have her bum wriggling fix but the rest of her is still and it's non disruptive.

She's now under investigation for possible dyspraxia though - I don't think she has the coordination to keep still lots of the time - but it drives you bloody mad!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now