Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else's child refuses to wear a coat?

(9 Posts)
purpleme12 Sat 11-Nov-17 19:47:36

Does anyone else's child refuse to wear a coat?

Mine is 4 and flat out refuses! I'm fairly laid back I'd say about a lot of things with her and it's only over last couple of weeks I've tried to say she should wear a coat. She won't be persuaded. We went the whole of today not wearing one then only at about 5 o clock did she say she wanted it on and then didn't do it up!

I just wish she'd wear a bloody coat!

PeapodBurgundy Sat 11-Nov-17 20:53:58

It's quite a common thing. Would she go for a hoodie? You can get fleece/"fur" lined ones which are as warm as a winter coat.

purpleme12 Sat 11-Nov-17 21:20:12

I did have her in a hoodie today. Although she's not often in that. I think it just actually baffles me, I just don't get it!

Catalufa Sun 12-Nov-17 07:54:54

OP, get used to this as my nearly 12 year old still refuses to wear a coat! Personally I don’t force it.

sirfredfredgeorge Sun 12-Nov-17 09:48:57

Why do you feel you know more about her temperature needs than she does?

Unless you are unable to carry a coat for her in case she needs it - and 4 year olds coats are pretty small and light - just carry a coat, let her know you've got it if she needs it, but otherwise respect that she knows if she's cold or not!

BellyBean Tue 14-Nov-17 17:03:31

Feel your angst, dd 3 won't wear pyjamas. But she's not waking up cold at night so I'm rolling with it.

doodle01 Tue 14-Nov-17 17:17:20

carry it until shes so cold she cant stand it and put her in a t shirt

MdNdD Tue 14-Nov-17 20:30:29

My now 4.5 year old never wore a coat. Rarely wore shoes and was well known on the school run for running in the snow barefoot. She never had a cold or other virus so I just gave up and saved myself the stress of the arguments. That was when she was two and nothing’s really changed. Some people just don’t like wearing coats I guess. I don’t get it, I hate being cold and wear coats in the summer...

Crumbs1 Tue 14-Nov-17 20:43:52

Several of mine rarely wore coats. I rarely wear a coat despite having a wardrobe full of them. I can’t bear the suffocating, closed in feeling of most coats. Too heavy snd restrictive.
If they’re cold they’ll put a coat on. Being cold rarely does much harm.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now