Talk

Advanced search

Constant talking

(4 Posts)
longestlurkerever Sat 11-Nov-17 17:56:07

Dd1 (6) has been talking incessantly all day - by which I mean constant yapping, not pausing for breath, frequently interrupting. What she's saying is quite sweet - she's excited about Christmas and Pokémon and all manner of other things but I honestly feel like going and hiding in bed for a few minutes just to give my nerves a break. She's often excitable and lively but sometimes it's unbearable - it tends to coincide with her being tired or constipated (she has issues with withholding) but there's no obvious reason why she should be especially tired today and I've tried getting her to go to the loo. Does anyone have experience and any tips for getting her to pack it in for a few minutes? Or tips for maintaining patience? I've tried asking, begging and am now on to threatening to send her to her room. She went out scootering with dh for a bit but resumed the monologue as soon as she got in.

longestlurkerever Sat 11-Nov-17 20:42:23

Well we made it to bedtime! We watched an ancient 1970s Famous Five dvd we found in a charity shop and she was quiet for the duration. Then she jabbered on about all the bits they'd left out of the story "They were supposed to leave Timmy in a Summer House, that was just the entry to the museum. And Jo didn't say "we have to get there by boat.... And why didn't Jo stay the night? And there's no one called Roger. The paperboy was called Sid...." All with a sense of outrage that did make me smile. Happy wine o'clock though.

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Sun 12-Nov-17 20:06:24

Had to laugh. DH has walked in the room after reading to DD saying “she wants to tell you something”. She’s been talking for 12.5 hours but yes, she’s actually thought of something else she needs to tell me! Happy wine time wine

longestlurkerever Sun 12-Nov-17 20:31:26

You too! She's been a bit less manic today, but only a bit! Still, it's work tomorrow. Peace!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: