Advanced search

Tell me about your early walker Or, how much trouble am I in, really?

(14 Posts)
ownedbySWD Fri 10-Nov-17 18:11:12

DS is 10 months old and took his first few steps today. He was army crawling at four months and is lightning fast up stairs. He basically never stops moving! Already has a few scars from when I couldn't get to him fast enough. sad

Walking at such a young age basically means I'm going to go grey very quickly, right?! Give some hope!

Peopleplease Fri 10-Nov-17 21:18:42

I’m in the same boat OP. DD is 10 months and almost ready to go. She’s already trying to climb the bookcase! I’ve no idea how I’m going to deal with her and the Christmas tree!

buckyou Fri 10-Nov-17 21:25:58

My 9 month old is on the opposite end of the spectrum. Lazy bugger can only manage to roll round a bit and that's it!

2yo was walking at 12mo and that was bad enough! I think just try and make areas as safe as you can and then leave them too it as much as possible. But expect bruises!

ownedbySWD Fri 10-Nov-17 21:43:15

Oh no, the TREE.

DonkeyOaty Fri 10-Nov-17 23:49:18

The tree goes in a playpen.

Parker231 Sat 11-Nov-17 00:17:23

DT’s walked at 11 months - two days apart from each other. We ended up making one room totally baby proof and lived in there. They also escaped from their cots early and could climb in and out of each other’s. We had to put them in their own bedroom from 12 months and take the side off the cots. Neither slept through regularly until they were about 3.

ownedbySWD Sat 11-Nov-17 06:11:02

Oh Parker! Good to see you've made it out the other side....

Catalufa Sat 11-Nov-17 10:05:33

DS was a very active baby. He walked at 10.5 months and was always on the move. I really did spend all my time running around after him! He’s now an active, sporty (but very sensible) 11yo. Hang in there OP!

ownedbySWD Sat 11-Nov-17 10:53:47

That's lovely to hear. Looking forward to a sensible 10yo! grin

Witchend Sat 11-Nov-17 13:46:33

Dd2 walked at 8 months. Totally ridiculous. A week after she took her first steps she climbed up to the top of the sofa and tried to balance, by herself, walking along the back. Total liability.
Dd1 didn't crawl until 9 months, walked at 15 months, which was great. She'd gained a lot of common sense by the time she moved and used it.

ownedbySWD Sat 11-Nov-17 19:58:13

Oh goodness. I completely agree that later walkers are a tad bit safer wrt understanding danger! 8 months!!

Unexpectedbaby Sat 11-Nov-17 21:19:57

DD is 10.5mo and trying. We got a step out of her 3 days ago and you can see she just wants to go for it.

It's hard enough to keep eyes on her with the speed of the crawling let alone when she is walking too!

SpeckledyHen Sat 11-Nov-17 21:33:06

DS1 walked at 10 months , at 12 months he regularly climbed up the back of the sofa onto the window sill of the bay window behind and launched himself off onto the floor laughing his head off . He ran me he ragged as a toddler and strangers used to comment in public . He's 22 now and his nick- name is The Human Dynamo as he never stops moving . Good luck !

SpeckledyHen Sat 11-Nov-17 21:40:48

What tree ?? Are you kidding !! My house is minimalist to this day .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now