Talk

Advanced search

Getting dressed in the morning

(4 Posts)
danbar Fri 10-Nov-17 10:15:24

My daughter is 2yrs 4months and for the past 2 weeks it has been a struggle to get her dressed in the mornings. She sleeps well, likes to get up gradually ( plays for about 30 mins before she wants to get up). I cannot see any obvious reason for her change in behaviour other than she started nursery in September but only goes for 3 days per week and enjoys it. She is as good as gold at nursery but we feel like we are treading on eggshells to prevent a melt down. We have all sorts of ways to distract her but we seem to be making her worse and over indulging her. Otherwise, she is great. At the moment!

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Fri 10-Nov-17 17:10:14

Have you tried giving her the choice of 2 outfits so that she feels she has a bit of control?

Could you ask her if she would like to get dressed and have breakfast or breakfast and then get dressed?

danbar Sat 11-Nov-17 11:30:25

Thank you, I will try both those suggestions

Mamabear4180 Sun 12-Nov-17 12:53:16

I don't ask my toddlers if they want to get dressed, I just do it.

Nursery is a big change and it's probably affecting her more than is obvious. Getting dressed might worry her as it's the stage before going to nursery perhaps?

Don't walk on eggshells! Be yourselves and matter of fact about everything, no chats just clothes on and job done. That's my advice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now