Talk

Advanced search

Going back to work has absolutely killed the routine

(4 Posts)
elland Mon 06-Nov-17 19:46:56

Just a rant whilst I listen to and watch DS in the monitor crying.

After what felt like forever trying to establish a good daytime seep routine I finally cracked it and my DS was like a different baby! 2 long naps in his cot, bed time at 7 where he went to sleep instantly with no issues and slept through until about 7am! It was what felt like perfection.

I then went back to work, and DS is now looked after by family 2 days a week and nursery 2 days a week so of course no one listens to what works best for DS, family think they know better and it results in a little crank monster who’s had very little sleep in the day. Night times were still okay but after a bout of teething and illness it’s all gone to pot.

I’ve now got a miserable baby every day come 5pm and he really struggles to sleep in the day at weekends and the day I have off with him sad I know it happens but I’m so frustrated that all the hard work has gone to waste and no one is willing to listen to me or at least try and establish/encourage a new routine.

He’s now hating going to bed, he screams his head off every time he’s in his cot by himself - he’s not done this for months! He’s back to waking numerous times in the night again aswell.

He’s just sat up quietly in his cot fighting the sleep ☹️ I want to go and cuddle him so bad but I don’t want to make the situation any worse, I already think he’s being cuddled to sleep when I’ve asked everyone not to make a habit out of doing it.

It might not even be the above, I know it can just be a different stage but it certainly doesn’t help.

I don’t have a question it’s just shit ☹️

elland Mon 06-Nov-17 19:54:20

I come across really ungrateful there and as if I’m always telling family what to do but I promise I’m not- I’ve just asked them to try to keep to the routine for DS sake.

I think I’m more annoyed that it took so long to get him in to a routine and it made all the difference to him and now it’s going back to being as difficult as it was before.

melisma Mon 06-Nov-17 21:02:45

How old is your DS?

InDubiousBattle Tue 07-Nov-17 16:05:24

How old is he? 'Routines' naturally change a great deal in the first year or so.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now