Talk

Advanced search

Did I do right

(3 Posts)
purpleme12 Fri 03-Nov-17 08:21:52

This morning my little girl didn't want me to put her magic cream on to make her poorly bit better, wouldn't let me so I said she could have a treat after if I did it. So she let me and then I gave her a little chocolate in the shape of a ice cream. She said she didn't want that one licked it a little bit to try show she'd tried it then put it back. I said that was what the treat is.

She then started crying and getting in a state cos I'd told her well if she doesn't want it I'll have it and moved it away cos she'd said she didn't want it. She was reaching for it (all the while crying in a state) so I remained calm and said talk to me and tell me what you want (trying to get her to use her words instead of tantrumming) but kept crying. Then in the end she hit me so I said no you can't have it at all. Obviously this didn't stop her she kept crying and saying she wants it. We needed to get to nursery and work and she was in right state, I can't calm her down. In the end I had to carry her to car seat forcibly and wrestle her in car seat with her screaming. Cos we needed to go.

She's very stubborn. She's 4. Please be nice cos I'm trying my best here. I don't know I guess I looking for empathy if anyone else has problems like these, advice but I just don't think I can calm her down when she gets worked up. I probably do it all wrong

LivininaBox Sat 04-Nov-17 21:19:10

That all sounds pretty normal to me! My DS sometimes reacts like that, I think he does it to see if he can get something better. I would maybe have offered an alternative like raisins and said he could choose one or the other.

purpleme12 Sat 04-Nov-17 22:53:52

Thank you for replying. That makes me feel a bit better. I just find it so hard and i always feel like it's just my child and feel like I must be doing something wrong.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now