Talk

Advanced search

Bed wetting alarm

(7 Posts)
nanight Thu 02-Nov-17 21:37:15

Our GP has advised us to get a bed wetting alarm thingy for DS. Have any of you used them with your DCs?

Any recommendations or tips on how to use? I can see there are lots of different kinds. Should we get a belt thingy? A big box? (How does that work?)

Or what? Thank you

nanight Fri 03-Nov-17 08:17:23

Anyone?

CaptainKirkssparetupee Fri 03-Nov-17 20:04:52

How old is he?
I think ones that detect wetness on the bed itself are better for younger children, as it wakes them while they are wettibg, while moisture detectors that go inside pants are better for older ones.

You might find that your child sleeps through the alarm.

nanight Sun 05-Nov-17 12:32:58

Oh I missed this reply, thank you!

He’s 10 and never been dry. He says he doesn’t feel it, just wakes up wet in the morning.

We’ve just done first two nights on desmopressin with no success yet. And last night he came to me in tears saying he was in pain around the bladder area? sad

nanight Sun 05-Nov-17 12:40:52

Oh and we’ve tried reward charts and stuff again and again.

CaptainKirkssparetupee Sun 05-Nov-17 12:45:57

Yeah reward chartsxwont work, he's not deliberately wetting it hormonal, so not something rewards will control.
I've been on desmopressing before, it make you retain water, it caused my feet to swell, if its hurting him it's probably better to stop it.

nanight Sun 05-Nov-17 16:41:27

Yes, I’d read about the hormones thing, and we’ve been trying to relax about it, knowing it’s not behavioural. He’s getting old enough to start feeling embarrassed about now though, so wondering what else we could try.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now