Talk

Advanced search

17mo tantrums danger to herself

(1 Post)
Deardinah Thu 02-Nov-17 20:42:56

Just looking for a bit of reassurance really.
Dd2 is almost 17 months & the tantrums have ramped up. No surprise I remember my first too well!
However, where I know the frustrations can often lead them to throw themselves around, my daughter seems to deliberately go out of her way to hurt herself. She continuously bangs her head against things, I try to ignore the tantrums and throw cushions everywhere but she'll thrash around for ages, crashing into things or smacking her head on the floor. If i try to comfort her she'll arch her back to try to get away from me, but if I put her down it makes her ten times worse.
Her moods change like the drop of a hat, I never know what's going to set her off. She bites & kicks out. I'm a bit scared of her! Lol
She's not walking yet (can stand unaided for a short period & cruises furniture fine, but prefer to crawl - we're under the physio for this) she's also not saying any words. She'll repeat mama & dada if we say it but not voluntarily. She babbles constantly though...
My FB was a late walker (20 months) but spoke early.
Now family members are concerned over dd2's behaviour & have mentioned quite often it doesn't seem right.
I can't help but think it's somewhat normal for her age, but when she's throwing a fit I do start to doubt it?
Sorry this is so long, any suggestions/ideas/advice welcome.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now