Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How do you entertain your babies?

(4 Posts)
lovely36 Thu 02-Nov-17 14:40:46

My baby is almost 3 months old. I find one myself running out of things to do with him in the day. He gets fuzzy if he gets bored and he's extremely energetic! Always kicking, talking and trying to sit up. When I we wake up I talk to him and interact for about 20mim then he sits and watches his mobiles while I have my breakfast. I sing to him, talk to him, dance with him lol, read to him and take him on walks daily. We also do tummy time as much as I can but even that's not enough. So many hours in the day. Anyone have any suggestions of things I can do with him or he can do? (Also I don't put him in front of the tv as studies have shown that babies and children who are exposed to tv may cause them to delay in language, social dev as well as lower their attention span.) thanks ladies x

InDubiousBattle Thu 02-Nov-17 21:16:39

I used to have a playmat thing for mine at this age. It was cushioned with stuff dangling from it. I also put them in the bouncy chair sometimes. If I wanted to watch something on TV then I wouldn't worry too much tbh, it's just pretty lights to them at that age I think. Tbh I did stuff I wanted to do and he sort of tagged along at that age.

poptarting Thu 02-Nov-17 22:41:01

I think you need to chill a bit you’re gonna wear yourself out grin.

The whole world is new to him, he’ll be happy tagging along with what you’re doing I’d imagine. Even if that is watching Gilmore Girls or going to sainsburys or whatever.

DinoMania Fri 03-Nov-17 11:03:04

Yeah as the others said don't worry too much.

It's great to let them lay on a play mat and expire their body movements and play things on their own.

I take my 4 month old to art galleries though as it's great free day out for both of us. He loves looking at pictures.

Often I'll put my son in the sling and carry him round the house and talk to him about everything I'm doing. He enjoys that quite a bit.

Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now