Talk

Advanced search

When did baby clap and wave?

(6 Posts)
Tann1981 Wed 01-Nov-17 15:10:38

My DD is 9 months and 3 weeks (born at 35 weeks). She is not clapping or waving yet. She otherwise seems fine, smiles, makes eye contact, interacts with people, is crawling/dragging herself around, feeds herself finger food, can hold her own bottle, copies if bang toys together etc. She can say mama and babbles away. Clapping and waving are the only things she seems to not be doing. When did your babies start waving and 👏?

WishIwasinStarsHollow Wed 01-Nov-17 19:13:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WishIwasinStarsHollow Wed 01-Nov-17 19:13:21

My DS is same age but he was not Prem and he isn't clapping or waving yet!

GoBigOrange Wed 01-Nov-17 19:52:35

My DS was born at 41 weeks, didn't clap or wave until he was 11 months.

YouAndMeAreGoingToFallOut Fri 03-Nov-17 11:42:40

My 16 month old didn’t start clapping until 11.5 months. She just would not do it! I can’t remember when she started waving, but it was pretty late too I think.

weeowl Fri 03-Nov-17 19:13:51

DD1 clapped at 7 months and waved about 9 months I think... then again she didn't crawl til nearly 11 months or walk on her own till 16 months, so it just depends what skills they decide to focus on first! Used to drive me nuts when HV etc would say "every baby's different " - never answers your question but it's so true!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now