Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

2 year old night time tantrums.

(1 Post)
Obie4 Wed 01-Nov-17 07:44:58

Hi there, im new here, just looking for advice or ideas.
My 2 year old daughter, (2 next week). Has the worst tantrums during the night. We have the bedtime routine perfect, she goes to sleep on her own very quickly with no fuss now. But most nights from the early hours through till morning she is awful, she wakes up, asking to go downstairs, I tell her it's sleep time and it begins. There is no stopping her. She screams for ages, can be between 20 mins to a few hours. It's the worst scream, soo loud. It doesn't matter what i do or say, she will just scream 'NNNOO' at me. Or she will scream for stuff that we don't have, for instance last week she wanted a Moana doll at 2 in the morning. She would not give in. Mostly it's to go downstairs though. I havnt given in to it, I won't take her down downstairs as I know this will probably make it worse. This has been going on for over a year now.
She's my 4th child. All my others have had there sleep problems, but just the ordinary stuff that we sorted quite quickly. One had sleep terrors but this is different, I did wonder to start with. I also have a 3 year old, she sleeps great and normally sleeps through her sisters tantrums, but if she does get woken up, it's awful with the both of them, running from room to room to sort them both.
That's the other problem, my 2 year old is still in our room as I can't move her in with her sister until she stops this.
These tantrums do occur during the day too, over silly things, but don't last anywhere near as long as night time, in the day I find explaining why it's wrong and then ignoring it until she calms down works well, but I can't just let her scream during the night so it's really hard.
I'm so worried about my naibours, one side has already told me they hear her and I sort of explained, but I think people must think I'm leaving her to scream, it's that bad, it's quite worrying, and embarrassing as I run around closing my Windows when she starts if they are open. I live by quite a few elderly people too.
Sorry this is a long post, but I'm desperate confused. Any ideas would be great. Thanks.
A very tired mummy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now