Talk

Advanced search

Umbilical Herbia

(2 Posts)
KarenM85 Tue 31-Oct-17 14:56:41

Hi I have an 8 week old who has struggled to poo since day dot, he isn’t constipated in that he isn’t going/hard poos (sorry for the detail) but he seems visibly in pain at times when passing wind and screams when actually going, we are having to do bicycle legs, rub tummy, baths etc everyday to help him go. I have been to and fro to the GP/midwife and HV and all have put it down to an immature digestive system and that he just needs to mature and learn to go. Whilst I understand this I am struggling to accept that the state he gets himself into everyday is ok! He now has suspected umbilical hernia from the straining and finally we are being referred to a paediatrician, thankfully today I saw a doctor who actually listened! Has anyone else experienced this? He is such a happy and contented baby otherwise, I guess I’m just looking for a light at the end of the tunnel, for him more than me.

Obie4 Wed 01-Nov-17 14:10:47

Hi, does he often sick up a lot, and by that I mean quite a lot in quantity, not just small amounts. Also how long has this been happening and has he had any tummy scans? A lot of questions but I have experienced similar.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now