Talk

Advanced search

Breech Babies and Problems with sitting

(3 Posts)
OhMyCherryPie Mon 30-Oct-17 19:53:07

My baba was always breech. Franks breech until about 3 weeks before birth. She had an ultrasound on her hip at 8 weeks which showed no clicky hip but she's 7.5 months now and still can't sit up. I've started to notice she has some problems when she sits. Well firstly she isn't really sitting and secondly it appears as though when I put her in a sit, her right leg turns in at the hip instead of out causing her to be unstable and fall to the side.

I tried to look it up online but just get loads of pages about breech babies and what to expect at delivery. Nothing about babies with problems 8 months later.

Does anyone have breech babies who've had the same problem. What did you do? I'm thinking I'll just book a GP appointment to rule out physical development issues early.

I guess I just wanted to her some mum stories if anyone has experienced a similar thing. Xx

skankingpiglet Tue 31-Oct-17 20:55:42

Definitely get this checked out, it doesn't sound right. Was possible hip dysplasia/clicky hips checked after birth? They should have extra checks/ultrasounds/x-rays (once over 6m) as standard if breech.
Our experience: My DD1 was a frank breech from at least 28wks pg and was born with clicky hips. It all corrected itself naturally luckily, although we were monitored until she was 18mo. She was sitting unaided at a ridiculously young 4.5mo so it didn't effect her ability to sit.

skankingpiglet Tue 31-Oct-17 20:57:55

Sorry, moment of brain fuzz: she was initially checked. Still ask to get this looked at again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now