Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Massively clingy 22 month old not eating/settling

(5 Posts)
MamaDuckling Mon 30-Oct-17 13:54:33

Up until about 6 weeks ago I had a DD who would eat well (albeit very messily), and sleep well. She was happy playing and generally following her big brother about.

We seem to have gone through some weird regression - over the last 6 weeks she has become progressively more clingy. Now hates her nanny for example and I literally can't go upstairs in the morning to get dressed without an almighty tantrum and tears. She has made herself sick doing this.

She has started refusing bedtime. Saying, "no bed, no sleep, back downstairs etc". This continues for hours unless I literally ignore the wails and sobs.

She is now also refusing to eat. Has always been a very messy eater, never likes to use fork or spoon but she'd eat what she was given. Now it's basically thrown on the floor the moment it is served and she's trying to escape from the high chair.

Bar a mild cough (which I've had checked twice), she is totally fine. Is there some kind of weird developmental leap I don't know about?! I'm at my wits end. She's becoming a right terror!!

MessyBun247 Tue 31-Oct-17 16:07:47

My 21 month old seems to be going through something similar! Very clingy, tantrums, resisting her nap, screams when I don't pick her up or if I try to leave the room. I was wondering if there was a developmental leap? She's talking in sentences so was wondering if that was something to do with it, like a language leap.

MamaDuckling Tue 31-Oct-17 19:04:33

Yes ours is stringing together more words now - and repeating lots and lots of stuff too.

Thank goodness she went off to bed tonight without too much drama!

MamaDuckling Tue 31-Oct-17 19:05:59

It's exhausting isn't it! I didn't think a language development could cause such behavioral changes though. I said to DH last night that it's like something really traumatic or major has happened to her, but it hasn't!

MessyBun247 Tue 31-Oct-17 21:00:13

I suppose their brains are going into overdrive constantly absorbing new words and putting them together, must be a bit overwhelming for them. It's either that, or maybe just testing boundaries and terrible twos coming early!

Fingers crossed it's just a phase! wine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now