Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Baby not mimicking

(3 Posts)
Afternooncatnap Sat 28-Oct-17 23:21:12

Basically just that. 9 months old. He will look at my face and watch what I do, sometimes smiles but he won't mimic a facial expression like sticking out my tongue.

Should I be worried? Is this an indication of something? He potentially has poor eye sight, has anyone got kids with poor vision that did/didn't mimic.

He does look me in the eye but he won't really hold a gaze, but he does have a wandering eye so it's hard to tell what he's looking at.

I have asked health care providers but they just say keep trying. I don't really trust a lot of them either as they are too namby pamby with stuff and try and sugar coat.

Savannah13nbump Sat 28-Oct-17 23:37:40

My lo has perfect eyesight but doesn't mimic he is 15minths old and I've not tried for months he just isn't into it, I'm sure my older daughter didn't do it either, have they tested he eye sight anyway

Afternooncatnap Sun 29-Oct-17 12:03:04

He's had it tested twice, one Dr said it's fine another said he is really far sighted. But the second had rubbish toys and couldn't get his attention to look at stuff. So I think they took his disinterested as unable to see. He's getting tested again soon.

I didn't think much of him not mimicking until I told a health care professional and she looked at me like - what's wrong with your child.

Maybe some babies are just not into it. He's tries to mimic singing though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now