Talk

Advanced search

7 year old DD - how can I help her become less messy?

(6 Posts)
PinkCloudDweller Fri 27-Oct-17 08:04:49

My DD is very messy. You give her a piece of paper to do some writing and it's all crumpled before she's written on it. Her homework books have looked tatty from week 1. She's also untidy and keeps displacing her things. You get the picture.

What can I do to change her behaviour? She fidgets quite a lot with things, chews her hair (!!), etc - can this be corrected or is it a part of her personality I simply have to accept? She's a happy, lovely little girl otherwise.

Thanks!

PinkCloudDweller Fri 27-Oct-17 10:43:03

Any ideas?

PinkCloudDweller Fri 27-Oct-17 19:43:11

Is anybody out there?

yeeyeelovesraaraa Fri 27-Oct-17 21:57:39

No answers sorry but often wonder the same about my 7yo DS!

Fiona1984 Sat 28-Oct-17 08:11:44

I don't have any advice, sorry. Is it a memory thing with kids? DSS is 10 and gets told repeatedly by his dad to tidy his room, but it still ends up a state. I also ask him multiple times if he has any washing needs doing and he always says no immediately, until I point something out on the floor. Do they just not see the mess?

Goldmandra Sun 29-Oct-17 18:07:08

This video might explain her need to move. Brain Highways do others that are linked which might also shed light on her lack of organisational skills.

Also Google executive function.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now