Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

2year 3month not making sentances

(2 Posts)
manny707 Thu 26-Oct-17 19:18:24

My daughter is 2 years and 3 months old and although I can’t wvwn begin to count the number of words she says she will not join them together. She gets by with one word to explain everything and tbh it’s seems harder to not make sentences than to make them with the amount of words she says.
We ask her open questions and repeat what she says in a sentence but all to no avail. Anyone else had this problem?

Kittykatmacbill Mon 30-Oct-17 07:16:28

My now four and half year old was like this I think she had 7 comprehensible by me words at at
27 month check, 5 is the min acceptable. The HV was absolutely fine with it and said all these things even out in the end.

Now, she has a very chatty with lots of words (she knows she needs to build momentum up on a swing to get high) in both and in the second language she learns at preschool.

Honestly it drove me batty at the time but it was fine. Just keep modelling good speech and try not to let it drive you too bonkers...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now