Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

consequences whilst out with both kids

(5 Posts)
yeeyeelovesraaraa Wed 25-Oct-17 14:36:08

if DC1 misbehaves when you are out doing a fun activity with both them & DC2, what sort of consequence do you give for their actions? Do you go home, even though this is unfair to DC2 who is playing nicely? its not a place where we could easily do time out.

Apple23 Wed 25-Oct-17 15:51:48

More info needed:

What is the activity that you can go home early from, but can't remove one child from for a few minutes to do a time-out?

How old are the DC?

What kinds of behaviour?

yeeyeelovesraaraa Wed 25-Oct-17 16:14:32

we're home now anyway but might help me for future occasions.

DC1 is 7 DC2 is almost 3. DC1 was generally rude/disrespectful/ungrateful after I made an effort to take them out somewhere nice for them. We were at a busy garden centre & playground which had lots going on (halloween/christmas activities etc) & there wasn't really suitable places to put eldest dc on time out (away from distractions) whilst still trying to run around after the youngest whilst there on my own. I ended up having to stop youngest playing so I could deal with DC1. I was so cross I threatened to take then home but then had a moment of self doubt about the injustice of it for DD who was well behaved, hence my post.

Ricekrispie22 Wed 25-Oct-17 16:20:54

Yes, I would go home straight away,but on the way home stop to buy a magazine/sweets/rent a DVD for DC2 and make it clear that this is because they had their day out spoilt by their sibling. DC1 will not only feel bad for the activity being cut short, but also feel deprived by not having the compensation treat that DC2 is getting. DC1 may also start to feel guilty for spoiling sibling's day out. Also I'd make it clear that in order to be forgive, DC1 should say sorry to you AND sibling.

KindergartenKop Wed 25-Oct-17 21:15:34

My ds1 loses privileges for poor behaviour. It's two tier as well so the first thing to go is our one-on-one time after his brother goes to bed. If he's still being a pickle he goes up to bed before his brother and misses out on story time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now