Talk

Advanced search

15 month old is awful to other children please help I don't want to go anywhere!

(4 Posts)
Bippitybopityboo Fri 20-Oct-17 15:38:49

My little boy is 15 months old. He can be very very loving at times however he can be really agressive. He lashes out, slaps and pulls hair.
We went to the aquarium today and he pulled a little girls hair and I was trying to get him off her and he wouldn't let go she was screaming and he just kept pulling till I prised his hands off her!
I apologised so much to her and her parents I wanted to cry I was so embarrassed. I can't trust him around other children I want to take him to play groups but he's really bad at them.
Has anyone had this? He's so clever and confident but this is just so sad and embarrasing.
sadblush

ruby242 Fri 20-Oct-17 18:56:19

Yes I had this at a similar age with my little boy who is now 2. He now plays really well with other children so it does pass. I think partly he wanted to interact with them but didn't know how so I encouraged nice play like passing a toy to another child. I just watched him like a hawk whenever we went anywhere and stayed close in case something happened...not fun but it will pass

Bippitybopityboo Fri 20-Oct-17 22:04:57

Thankyou I so hope so. I'm the only parent at toddler groups who can't let him go play i follow him constantly I honestly feel so awful and embarrased when he manages to hurt another child!

Tilapia Sun 22-Oct-17 14:31:33

My DC was similar around this age. I feel for you as it’s so stressful. He stopped at around 26 months old, and is now a lovely, gentle 8yo.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now