Talk

Advanced search

23 month old bad behaviour, please help!

(2 Posts)
firsttimejoj Wed 11-Oct-17 21:16:05

Hello,

My DD is 2 years old next month and I'm worried why her anti-social behaviour hasn't improved after 7 months of me trying to deal with it. I'm worried that there is an underlying behavioural problem that needs addressing and would love some advice from you.

About 6-7 months ago (when her baby brother arrived) she started being anti-social around other children at the groups we go to. She goes for hair pulling, grabbing clothes, pushing, grabbing faces about 3-4 times per 2 hour session. It often comes out of nowhere, is unprovoked and can often be a seemless part of her play and she rarely gets angry at another child.

Nothing that I say or do with her seems to stop her from doing it again. I started with the gentle approach, telling her no that the other child didn't like it, they were sad ect. I tell her to have kind/happy hands and we practice them together. I've recently resorted to using the naughty corner but it doesn't seem to be working either.

I'm a SAHM, she has a baby brother, she sleeps and eats well and we have an excellent routine each day.

Any mum I speak to says their kids did the same but I've not yet found another child where this behaviour lasted so long.

So my question to you is, is this normal?!

starpatch Fri 13-Oct-17 21:05:25

Mine did similar not sure if that proves it's normal though! He used to hit other children regularly when we went out. He got into a pattern of hitting a just walking child whenever he was bored at the playground shock. He had noticed if he hit a baby he got removed from a situation. He had stopped this pattern by 3 though and behaves well at school though aged five to be honest I do still have trouble with him hitting when I am around. I hope things get better soon it is very very difficult at the time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now