Talk

Advanced search

Help me with my 2 year old please!

(2 Posts)
pinkie87 Wed 11-Oct-17 16:36:31

I have a little boy, he turned 2 in August. He has recently started purposely running into other children (usually ones he doesn't know, I don't think he does it at nursery) and knocking them flying. He often does it as soon as we enter a playgroup. There seems to be no reason for it, he isn't doing it in anger (we have screaming if another child takes his toys etc so a different reaction). It's almost like he's trying to initiate a game, or finds it funny. Or is just over excited.

I don't know the best way to deal with it. Obviously he doesn't get that it hurts the other child etc. even when I do tell him that. Getting him to say sorry also doesn't work and seems to make it into a bigger deal which I don't want. It's making playgroups/soft play etc REALLY stressful for me, and I'm being a total helicopter mum which I don't like at all but have to do it. He did it to a little girl today aged one and knocked her flying and she sobbed her heart out. My husband just apologised and took him straight home.

Please help! Will this stop soon?!

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Wed 11-Oct-17 17:39:44

That must be stressful. One thing that might help is going to playgroup early, so that he’s not walking into a busy room. I always found mine behaved much better at playgroup if the room was fairly auitecwhen we arrived and then filled up.

Does he have any punishment when he does this like time out?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now