Talk

Advanced search

Entertaining Baby

(5 Posts)
Teawithtoast Wed 11-Oct-17 08:10:32

First time Mum with a six month old. Is it normal for babies to constantly want interaction? Not that I'm complaining, but I seem to be playing with my baby all the time and when I go to baby groups, I notice that most of the babies are contented to amuse themselves with the toys on offer. The toys seem to hold my baby's attention for a few minutes only before he gets frustrated and looks to be entertained by me.

I really am not complaining about having to engage with my baby, as that is the main purpose of my maternity leave, it would just be nice for him to enjoy something like his jungle gym for more than 10 minutes so I had some time to do a few things myself.

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Wed 11-Oct-17 17:41:36

Sounds totally normal to me. You’ll soon be wishing for these days back when he’s crawling grin

April45 Fri 13-Oct-17 10:43:09

Every baby is different, some will want you to be involved in play others will play on their own. I guess it comes down to temperament. All is normal just different.

AnonEvent Fri 13-Oct-17 13:52:06

DD goes through phases, at points (from memory about 6 months old) she needed constant attention/engagement - I couldn't turn my back to rinse a glass without her wailing.

At other points, she's been perfectly happy in her chair looking at an empty kitchen roll tube while I do the all the washing-up.

These days (she's 1), she's pretty chilled, she can spend a good 20-30 minutes on the floor with toys while we tidy-up around her, so long as we entertain her with the odd:

"DD where's your nose?....that's not your nose, that's bunny", and
"Wind the bobbin up, wind the bobbin up..."

starpatch Sat 14-Oct-17 06:51:33

Totally normal here too. I remember I could only eat dinner whilst mine was in jumperoo.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: