Talk

Advanced search

5 weeks old, painful gas

(7 Posts)
carolynandluna Tue 10-Oct-17 21:46:13

Please can anyone offer some advice! My 5 week old baby girl is struggling so much with gas, we have frequent screaming fits but as soon as it passes she’s fine.

We’ve tried infacol but she spits out almost the entire dose when I give it her and the health Visitor told me not to bother if she doesn’t get the full dose because she won’t get any relief from it.

She’s too young for gripe water? I just don’t know what to do but I can’t stand to see her in pain sad

Thanks so much x

Kittysparks1 Wed 11-Oct-17 13:28:02

Hi I've had the same issue with my little boy. He is 8 weeks and has always struggled with gas.
I've swapped bottles to the mam anti colic ones, dose infacol each feed and throughout the day will do bicycle pumps/massage etc to help him get it out.
It's starting to improve.

Kittysparks1 Wed 11-Oct-17 13:29:34

Also to add to that I wind him half way through his bottle and also randomly wind him each time I pick him up for a few minutes just incase.

rico9 Wed 11-Oct-17 13:40:11

Which formula are you using? My 8 week old had the exact same problem at around 5 weeks and we switched to aptamil comfort for colic and constipation. He didn't have constipation but he would scream when he had had and for hours at night
Switching made the biggest difference!

carolynandluna Wed 11-Oct-17 16:46:43

I probably should’ve mentioned I’m actually BF. She’s an extremely greedy baby and she’s guzzles when first latching which is causing the gas. I don’t want to switch to bottle feeding just yet as she is doing so well with BF and it’s not all the time that she experiences the gas issues.

Kittysparks1 Wed 11-Oct-17 19:10:45

Ah in that case I can't advise. I bf for the first 4 weeks but had to stop as baby has lip tie and couldn't latch properly (also struggled to latch with tommee tippee bottles) this could have contributed to his gas problem.
But it doesn't sound like latch is the issue.
Look at YouTube video called how to relieve baby gas instantly. This technique works with mine.
Good luck

carolynandluna Wed 11-Oct-17 19:28:47

Thanks kittysparks, I’ll have a look at it on YouTube and see if I can help her a little more with that. I really appreciate your response ☺️☺️

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now