Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

My baby hates me

(7 Posts)
FannyTheFlamingo Tue 10-Oct-17 17:52:42

DD is nearly 11 months and up until about 4 weeks ago, she has been so clingy. She is gradually starting to become more independent, which is great. However, over the last 2 weeks, she has started to have major tantrums with me. She wants to be with daddy the whole time, lets him change her, dress her, feed her, laughs at him etc... with me, everything is a battle. She screams and cries and protests almost all the time.

Please someone tell me this won't last long! It is making me so sad. I've loved every minute of being a mum, but lately I cry every day at her rejection.

FannyTheFlamingo Tue 10-Oct-17 18:38:20

Bump

user1488397844 Tue 10-Oct-17 21:45:21

Hi, firstly your baby very much loves you. Honestly she does. I know it feels like rejection right now but she's exploring and learning different relationships so it's nothing you've. Secondly I totally understand where you're coming from, my own baby was the same and I genuinely cried because she hated me. Prior to this she wouldn't go near anyone else I although I complained I secretly liked that I was her favourite. Take this opportunity to enjoy a hot cuppa tea, get out & about while she's not stuck to you because your time is limited, trust me. She will need you again very soon! Chin up x

FannyTheFlamingo Wed 11-Oct-17 07:03:11

Thank you for you reply. I just wanted a bit of reassurance. I secretly loved that she couldn't be without me too, so I'm feeling a bit lost now and worried that it's something I'm doing or not doing.

LJH79 Thu 12-Oct-17 21:13:25

Both mine went through a phase of not wanting anything to do with me when daddy was around. My 2 yr old is still a bit like this but growing out of it. Has lasted a long time though. I did get a bit upset now and then so I understand how you feel but won't last forever x

Pam0077 Fri 27-Oct-17 11:29:11

Hi just the same thing here, it's another one of those damn phases but it will end. It's like a kick in the stomach every time I know how you feel I've cried over the same thing. It's developmental but hang on in there she does love you, just pushing the boundaries and playing favourites x

Anetheron Fri 27-Oct-17 12:49:33

Hi, I had exactly the same thing, my dd is 16 months, but around the 13-14 month mark she was exactly as you describe your daughter. Adored her dad, always wanted him, if I picked her up she would cry and be holding her arms out for him. Would let him change her nappy but fight me if I tried to do it, and lots of other things.
It really did feel like she hated me, it really upset me, I understand exactly how you feel sad But as others above have said, it's a phase and it does end!! DD is now happy with both of us, and is actually a bit more clingy with me. I hope you're feeling a bit better x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now