Talk

Advanced search

Son into his dad and not me

(5 Posts)
Gemba78 Sun 08-Oct-17 08:32:40

I write this as have just spent last hour in bed with son and partner and as usual son only wants to cuddle dad, yesterday only wants to be held by dad.... when dad says give mummy a cuddle he goes "no mummy cuddle"
He lies there cuddling daddy with arms wrapped around him whilst kicking me in the back which is not much fun
When daddy not there it's ok but when both there he always chooses daddy
It's not that daddy hardly sees him we both share equal time with him before and after nursery
I expect people will say this is a phase and I am trying to ignore it but it's making me very sad
Anyone got any ideas as tried love bombing and it ended with him hitting me in the face!!

MardyMatilda Sun 08-Oct-17 17:27:39

How old is he OP?

Gemba78 Sun 08-Oct-17 20:14:59

He's just turned two

pinkie87 Wed 11-Oct-17 16:45:47

My son is doing this too but opposite way around. He won't cuddle his dad, let him do bedtime, get him up from nap, make breakfast etc. I am trying to ignore it now as making a big deal of it (say sorry, give daddy a cuddle etc) seemed to make it worse. It seems a very common phase (my son turned 2 in August) around this age. Everyone tells me it will pass so we are just riding the wave for now. Don't think there's any magical cure sadly, but I feel for you!

pinkie87 Wed 11-Oct-17 16:46:51

Oh and we also share childcare 50/50 too. There's no rhyme nor reason! It's very frustrating.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now