Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Wakes in the night yelling

(2 Posts)
ParsleyCake Sat 07-Oct-17 10:20:04

My 2.5 year old has, until recently been waking up to 5 times a night for a sippy cup of milk. This meant 2 or three nappy changes, and sometimes about 2 wet bedding changes, per night. About a week ago we put our foot down and now he has one cup of milk before bed, followed by his bedtime routine, and then nothing during the night other than a cup of water by his bed. He screamed for almost 2 hours the first night, slept through the second night, but after that he has been waking once a night, around 5am and screams for milk for about half an hour before falling asleep for another couple of hours.

All this time and he is still walking up and screaming for milk? I don't understand why it's still going on. When he first starts crying, after about 5 mins in, I do go in and check on him, but I'm certain the crying is not for attention as he gets very angry if I touch him or talk to him about anything, he just shouts 'more milk!'

Do,you think this behaviour will die down?

Crazylou Sat 07-Oct-17 22:45:52

DS is 29 months old I went through a stage where he was waking up looking for it the last few weeks ago around the same time, I have now dropped nap altogether and he sleeps through and doesn't even ask for it anymore, he gets one cup of milk an hour before bed as he is potty trained aswell, the problem my DS had was he was used to drinking milk to help him fall asleep but that has changed altogether, as he couldn't go back to sleep without it, but now he has it with a snack before he even gets ready for bed, it took a good few weeks to break his old routine for a new one, he knows when he's tired now

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now