Talk

Advanced search

Losing my mind!

(3 Posts)
Winzywoozy Wed 05-Jul-17 13:17:26

Advice needed!!
I have a 2 year old and 8 week old and the oldest is driving me mental!!
He is not particularly fond of his baby brother and screams and strops every time the little one makes a noise. His sleep routine has gone to pot as he hears every little noise, and is constantly stropping.
We are encouring him to interact with the baby, and also trying to give him as much 1 on 1 time as we can. He goes to a couple of groups every week to play but even those are now spent me pulling my hair out whilst he rolls around on the floor screaming. Theres only SO much attention I can give him when I have another one to feed etc
I just dont know what to do im constantly on edge/stressed/crying!!

WombOfOnesOwn Wed 05-Jul-17 18:57:12

Consider a white noise machine?

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Thu 06-Jul-17 08:31:05

That sounds so stressful. Agree that white noise could help him sleep and reduce the possibility of him hearing DC2.

When you go to the groups, have you tried putting LO in a sling? I found this helped as I could follow DC1 around and help him out more. If he screams, do you ignore? It's hard at things like playgroup but I found it was the only way for us.

I'd also talk to your HV about his behaviour as it does sound a bit extreme.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now