Talk

Advanced search

2 year check

(6 Posts)
roodienoodiefoodie Fri 30-Jun-17 22:34:09

So I'm anxious. My twins had a rough start and despite cbt I worry.
We've just had the nursery 24 month check and they are still "emerging" in a few areas. Do I need to worry? Is this normal? They seem behind my friends kids but my partner and friends tell me not to worry.
Has this happened to anyone else? Do they catch up?
Thanks everyone

tessiebear4 Fri 30-Jun-17 22:53:30

I didn't know they had those levels below about 3 or 4 years. Can you be more specific about the issue? There's a huge range of development at this age.

roodienoodiefoodie Fri 30-Jun-17 23:32:26

It's speech mainly, they don't speak in sentences and what they do say isn't very clear.
There's some areas in the personal social domain as our dressing and using knives and forks which I'm less worried about, and some physical, e.g. Jumping and kicking a ball.

roodienoodiefoodie Fri 30-Jun-17 23:32:41

And thanks for responding

tessiebear4 Sat 01-Jul-17 08:43:03

I'm not a professional but I think it's normal for these skills to be emerging at 24 months.

Gotiscoming Sat 01-Jul-17 10:06:55

I also have 2 year old twins (just turned 2), they are quite slow with their speech and language development.

They are also a little behind in some other areas which I was concerned about but I've spoken with a few professionals who have said it's not a concern at the moment and that twins quite often have a speech delay.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: