Talk

Advanced search

6 year old is going crazy since I started to work

(3 Posts)
user1498035841 Wed 21-Jun-17 10:58:00

Hey,

I have started to work 3 weeks ago after I had a break of several month. Everything was ok when I worked before but now my 6 year all starts with making it very hard for me in the mornings: Doesn't listen to me or do completely the opposite of what I want her to do, lot's of tears, slamming doors and so on. I try to stay calm but because it's a new job I also don't want to run late.

Same at night: Before we normally just did some reading after I came back home, some cuddles or telly. And now lot's of drama.

Anyone experienced the same and how long did it last till they got back into this regular mummy-is-working-routine?

Thanks!

ilovemyCheebie Wed 21-Jun-17 19:54:34

She's 6.. So, she is capable of more communication then you are relaying here. Need more details. What is she communicating to you? Anger stems from something... People don't just decide to be angry nor do children. If you are struggling to communicate with her then start by verbally observing her emotions (e.g. "You look angry this morning, you seem very upset too") and allow her to respond. This is called the empathy reflex, maybe look it up, it's a proven way of improving communication especially between parent and a child. It's impossible for anyone to give you an answer when you don't seem to have an inkling as to why she is upset and angry, all we can do is speculate.

Ugene Fri 23-Jun-17 21:37:15

Thanks for the tip! I will definitely look it up and try to communicate before it gets really bad.
Thanks!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: