Talk

Advanced search

7 year old twins, tantrums not getting any better. What do i do?

(2 Posts)
appleandplum Tue 13-Jun-17 21:05:34

Help!
I have 7 year old twin girls who have always had tantrum issues, highly sensitive and can get very angry. They were born 10 weeks premature so I've always thought this has not helped.
They are now 7 and the tantrums (shouting, kicking, even spitting) are not getting any better, they are worse after school but at school they behave perfectly. I understand they let it all out once they are home with me so I get the worst of it. I have 2 other children and the eldest (9) gets very upset by all the shouting and will end up just saying have anything of his or whatever just to stop it.
We moved to America last year so I can't just go to the GP which is probably what I'd do at home and I don't really no how handle it. It is making life very hard (especially as my husband works away lot and so I'm on my own quite a bit with it).
Can any one suggest coping strategies for how to deal with this behaviour? I've tried all the usual and once they are in a rage nothing really stops it.

Didiplanthis Tue 13-Jun-17 21:28:52

I have 5 year old twins and am having similar problems. I think alot of it is competing for attention and frustration. I am trying to do 1:1 time but oh works long hours and I have no family to help so I am just aiming for 10-15 mins a day each. I think it may be helping a little bit. I have an older one too who is also very upset by it all. I will be following this thread in case anyone has any magical ideas !

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: