Talk

Advanced search

Kid doesn't talk much.

(4 Posts)
DC2206 Sat 10-Jun-17 10:50:54

My son is 2 and a half, I see him every second weekend. I was concerned as he does seem to talk much, but recently I hear him chatting away to my girlfriend but goes all silent when I'm around.

Is this common? Am I doing something wrong?

Littlereddevil3 Sat 10-Jun-17 11:20:16

Two weeks is a long time to a toddler, he sounds like he doesn't know you too well and is shy around you. Try upping the amount of time you see him to several times a week (even if you can only arrange short visits) this will encourage the bond between you.

beccii161016 Sat 10-Jun-17 16:21:32

I agree, it seems as though he feels shy around you. Time flies for us but for kids, not so much. If there is anyway you can see him more I agree with PP that would definitely help! Maybe try and join in with a conversation he is having with someone else and see if he responds to you

Littlereddevil3 Sat 10-Jun-17 16:25:34

Also, a good way to get a toddler to talk to you is to stop trying. Trying too hard freaks them out. Instead, get on the floor and start playing with his toys yourself, giving a running commentary as you go. He's likely to want to join you fairly quickly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now