Talk

Advanced search

I don't know how to deal with this, pls help

(5 Posts)
MrsWhirly Wed 31-May-17 21:54:22

DD9 is friends with a neighbours two DD's. Today she spent a couple of hours with them at their house, the are lovely girls 10 and 11yrs. My DD told me one of the girls had let her read her diary and she had promised not to tell anyone.

Anyway I've just received a call from the mum of two girls. She said they were all concerned about my DD as she had told her DD she had a boyfriend and he had shown her his big willy.

She couldn't offer any more detail. I'm really shocked and don't know what to do or how to broach this with her. I would appreciate some advice.

I don't know if I want to go in all guns blazing, as I have previously spoken to her about boyfriends when her teacher told me she wrote a story at school which mainly consisted of my DD having a boyfriend.

I feel pretty upset and worried tbh and a bit embarrassed as other mum looks down her nose at us a bit anyway.

Crumbs1 Wed 31-May-17 22:59:33

You definitely need a conversation with your daughter.Where would she get that sort of idea from?
I'd be upfront, calm and factual. Child Xs mother called to tell me that you told Child X youmhad a boyfriend.......... see her reaction and then delve as to what might make her say that. It's probably just playground silliness but you can't leave it undiscussed.

MrsWhirly Thu 01-Jun-17 00:15:24

Thank you. I'm still really shocked.

beccii161016 Thu 01-Jun-17 04:35:28

Definitely have a conversation! It might be worth just asking her if she has a boyfriend and seeing what she tells you of her own accord. Of course be more direct if you need to be by mentioning the other mom telling you but you may not need to and it could cause her to feel uncomfortable around her two friends if she thinks they've "told on her". TBH it could just be that she's picked up dribs drabs about what boyfriends and girlfriends do from school and other friends, especially as the other woman's DD is 11. She's at an age where puberty is around the corner and so she's going to be curious. Also, did she tell you what was in the other girls diary? It could be that she's written something to do with a Boyfriend and your DD is trying to one up her sort of!
It needs to be discussed of course to eliminate any possible danger to your daughter but it's totally plausible that it's a part of her growing up smile good luck!

MrsWhirly Thu 01-Jun-17 07:41:21

Thank you. I think I also felt a bit embarrassed by the other mums slight sneeryness to be honest.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now