Talk

Advanced search

Help with sudden change in behaviour

(2 Posts)
Screamer1 Mon 29-May-17 19:03:12

My 2.5 year old ds is very sweet, incredibly verbal and boisterous. He has a 1 year old sister who he has always been very kind too. However, in the last week there has been a very sudden change in his behaviour.

It's like he's spoiling for a fight constantly. Trying to hit her but just about managing to stop himself, but being very physical with her squashing her etc). She's pretty physical too and a lot of the time seems to enjoy what he's doing so it's hard to know when to step in - obviously we do if it looks to rough.

It's like he's turned into the Incredible Hulk though. Lots of teeth bearing and physical confrontation etc.

It's come on over night.

Any ideas on what this could be or how to handle it? I feel like we're constantly disciplining at the moment although I always try to praise the good (it's hard st the moment when he's doing a lot of behaviour that can't be ignored). I always try and spend one to one time with him too. Argh it's tough!

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Sat 03-Jun-17 19:19:13

I'm sure you would have mentioned it but has anything changed in his routine recently?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now