Talk

Advanced search

Is my 7 year old starting puberty early ? :(

(7 Posts)
notgivingin789 Tue 23-May-17 08:59:27

Hi,

I'm worried that my 7 year old DS is starting puberty early.

For the past couple of months, DS armpits smell slightly of B.O. I make sure he gives his armpits a good scrub, but the smell is still there. Your not able to smell it when your near him, but if you go near the armpits area you can smell it.

I've googled this and it says it's a sign of early puberty ? He has no other signs but I'm wondering if this is the beginning of puberty.

Should I make a visit to my g.p ?

WindwardCircle Tue 23-May-17 09:08:03

My DD has had a wiff of BO on hot days since she was six. I remember mentioning it to someone when I first noticed it and they scared me by saying it was a sign of precocious puberty, but in her case it's not. She's nine now and still no signs of puberty, but she still gets BO and uses a kids deodorant. While I think it's worth keeping an eye on smelly pits in children isn't necessarily a sign of puberty, I just think some people's body chemistry is more prone to being smelly than others.

notgivingin789 Tue 23-May-17 09:18:18

Thank you wind. Do you think it's worth speaking to my G.P ?

LauraMarling Tue 23-May-17 09:23:27

My DD 7 uses a roll on deodorant now.
GP said some Children tend to just be more sweaty but keep and eye on other puberty signs.
Which unfortunately my DD is starting to show. Wee love.

notgivingin789 Tue 23-May-17 09:48:02

laura what other signs is your DD showing ?!!

LauraMarling Sun 28-May-17 15:04:45

Easy weight gain
Mood swings
And the beginning of breast buds

BeeMyBaby Sun 28-May-17 22:05:42

I posted something similar a few weeks ago about my 7yo DD. I got a good natural deodorant and it's worked really well so she doesn't smell at all now. Took her to the gp about something else and mentioned the swearing but the gp wasn't concerned at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now