Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Question about naughty kids?!?

(4 Posts)
anon1987 Mon 22-May-17 17:56:22

Iv just been for a walk in the forest opposite our home, and at the entrance there was 2 boys and a girl all about 10 years old.
They saw myself and my daughters and started to try and bully my 4,7,11 year old, with remarks like "we're going to follow you!" And "who are you!?" Etc

My children wouldn't dream of trying that on, let alone if an adult was with the children!

I said "excuse me, that's rather rude and nasty isn't it" and just walked on.

Why are some children so fearless? I don't get it?

BandeauSally Mon 22-May-17 17:59:15

I suppose they're testing the boundaries and haven't been scared back into their box yet.

IAmTheWorwax Mon 22-May-17 18:01:06

I don't know, I suppose it depends entirely on circumstances.
I had similar at the park today. A young lad argued with everything my son was saying. He kept throwing bits of bark purposefully at us both and openly mocked me.
Now my eldest is by no means an easy child and is a right handful but even he would never think to treat an adult like that.

I sometimes wonder if some children haven't had enough love and positive attention and that's why they act the way they do. I've found they can be taken aback when you calmly explain that they are not being very respectful and then comment on something they do well. (Eg I asked the lad if he played sports as he had a great aim!).

anon1987 Mon 22-May-17 18:04:48

Iam that's a great tip, might try that next time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now