Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Going mad!

(8 Posts)
mediocremumatherbest Mon 22-May-17 14:01:12

I've just broken down in tears in front of my daughters, it was the final straw. So sick of saying the same things over and over again and being ignored. Who has ever broke down in tears in front of their kids? I feel like such a pathetic excuse for a mother right now!

weebarra Mon 22-May-17 14:03:01

You're not pathetic. I've done it too, when I just wasn't able to take any more. Parenting classes really helped me though and things are definitely better now.

mediocremumatherbest Mon 22-May-17 14:17:51

Where did you attend those please? Was it something within the community? I'm just having one of those days, I wanted it to be a nice day so I think I'm just feeling disappointed. I just wish I could control myself better, I'm not equipped for this parenting malarkey!

Lemonnaise Mon 22-May-17 14:40:54

I did, last week. It was the first time it's happened in 6 years. It was over nothing really, I just got so so fed up of repeating the same things over and over day in day out. DD was quite shocked, I think it was good for her to see that grown-ups have limits and can have off days.

weebarra Mon 22-May-17 17:19:26

Yes, I was revered by my health visitor - although it was my 8 year old who was most challenging. They are run by the Sure Start part of the council - I'm in Scotland.

youarenotkiddingme Mon 22-May-17 17:35:57

I've done it. Ds is 12 now so has seen me break down quite a bit!

I'm from the camp of it doesn't hurt children to see how their behaviour affects others.

mediocremumatherbest Mon 22-May-17 17:42:43

I'm glad I'm not the only one! And I agree with shoring them we have emotions too, it seems to have made them a bit for conscious of their actions. I just wish I didn't have to lose my shit to make a point, I suppose. But saying it until I was blue in the face clearly had no impact! Thanks for the info re sure start, I'll have to have a look into that.

mediocremumatherbest Mon 22-May-17 17:43:19

*showing

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now